Caja del Agua

Calz de Guadalupe 200

Description

It is the symbol with which the city is identified. With a delicate neoclassical structure, La Caja del Agua was put into service in August 1835; here came to give the water of the Cañada del Lobo, through a long aqueduct with intermediate sources, where the potosinos supplied water. It was designed by the engraver and painter José Guerrero and the execution is due to Juan N. Sanabria.

Gallery