It was inaugurated on October 12, 1889. This cemetery has a large collection of artistic monuments and chapels. Its entrance corridor with beautiful archery was part of the extinct Mint city, which was demolished to build the Monumental Palace. In the central corridor there is a monument to the poet Manuel José Othón, empty, since his remains were transferred to Mexico City in 1964. Inside the Teissier family chapel, the remains and gravestone of Juan del Jarro (a popular character of the town) are saved.