Edificio de la Universidad

Álvaro Obregón 440

Description

It is worth "taking a look" at the courtyard of the central building of the Autonomous University, which was originally part of the Jesuit convent. It usually offers a rest for its tranquility. Sometimes interesting exhibitions are offered. -The Autonomous University of San Luis Potosí was the first in the country to establish itself as autonomous, oblivious to the political and ideological changes of the country, in 1923 -The building was part of the former convent of the Society of Jesus, an order expelled from Hispanic possessions in 1767. -The order of the Society of Jesus was very dear in San Luis Potosí, as evidenced by the fact that the people, including many indigenous people, revolted against the authorities when executing the expulsion.-Since its construction, the building has not ceased to be an educational center. First with the Jesuit order, then the Scientific and Literary Institute in the Porfiriato and after it, in 1923 by decree of Governor Rafael Nieto, Autonomous University of San Luis Potosí.

Gallery