Jardín Hidalgo 11
The space occupied by the Government Palace was formerly called "Consistorial Palace" and also "New Royal Houses", was built by order of the visitor Don José de Gálvez replacing the old Royal Houses. On the upper floor, in the southeast corner, which faces the Plaza de Armas, is the Juarez Campus, a space in which the important president established the national government in the second half of the 19th century. Today it is possible to enter, by appointment, this space and appreciate a wax recreation of the appeal made by the princess of Salm-Salm to the president for the life of Maximilian of Habsburg, who had been sentenced to be shot in the city of Querétaro , where he had been defeated. It is also possible to see in this space some photographs of the president, a portrait of the insurgent leader Vicente Guerrero, made, as well as the mortuary mask emptied in bronze of President Juarez The space that the Government Palace occupies today was formerly called “Consistorial Palace” and also “New Royal Houses”, it was built by order of the visitor Don José de Gálvez replacing the old Royal Houses. Annually, the night of September 15 the Grito de Dolores celebration is held in the Plaza de Armas, an event with which the independence struggle began in 1810. From the central balcony the Governor in turn recreates the shout before the attendees who meet to see this celebration that is completed with fireworks and a popular festival. The bell that the governor rings at this ceremony, is a replica of which originally the priest Hidalgo tañe in the city of Dolores, Guanajuato.