Templo y Colegio de la Compañía de Jesús

78000

Description

The order of the Society of Jesus was established in 1623 in San Luis Potosí. The Temple and College of the Company were founded on the same site of the old chapel of the Santa Vera Cruz, (Founders Square). In 1709 the Jesuits built the chapel of Our Lady of Loreto, which is distinguished by its Solomon baroque art. The Colegio de la Compañía de Jesús is the most remote precedent of higher education in San Luis Potosí.

Gallery