Templo y ex Convento de San Francisco

Jardín Guerrero 7

Description

The former convent of San Francisco as a whole, is one of the most important works in the viceregal architecture in San Luis Potosí. Inside the convent, a Gothic chapel was built in 1748 with delicate relief ornaments in vaults and pilasters, dedicated to Our Lady of Aranzazú, which was destined for a chapter house. Inside the San Francisco temple there are valuable works of New Spain art, by painters such as Juan Correa, Francisco Martínez, Antonio de Torre and Miguel Cabrera, as well as other paintings without an author's signature.

Gallery